Warsaw University of Technology
Warsaw University of Technology was first established as a Preparatory School for the Institute of Technology on 4th January 1826. It has been operating under its present name since 1915. It became the most important scientific centre for engineering in Poland and gained international prestige in 1918-1919.
Over the years, the University was taking more and more significant position in the higher education area in Poland, educating excellent academic staff. Now, with more than 36 thousand students, it is the best technical university in Poland and one of the best universities in Central Europe. The number of academic staff has also grown significantly. Currently, there are almost 2 600 academic teachers and nearly 2 200 non-academic employees. The Warsaw University of Technology is comprised of 148 buildings with 320 laboratories, IT facilities with 5,200 computers and the main library with about 1 million books. The symbol of the Warsaw University of Technology is its historical Main Building, which has been a witness to many historical events: rallies, sessions, meetings and ceremonies. Today, the famous University Audience Hall is a tourist attraction.